The AINP program is an Alberta immigration program that allows a broad range of international workers, graduates, and entrepreneurs to settle in Alberta province permanently. It comes under one of Canada’s PNP programs.
Eligible and successful applicants to the Alberta PNB program receive a provincial nomination certificate. The certificate makes the applicants and their accompanying family members eligible to apply for Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for Canadian permanent residence.
There are five streams offered by the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP).
- The opportunity stream
It provides temporary foreign workers in Alberta with the gateway to permanent residents. It is open for individuals seeking a nomination under the Albert PNP program.
- The Express Entry Stream
It provides a pathway for Express Entry candidates who are invited by the Alberta province. They are invited through their Express Entry accounts.
- The International Graduate Entrepreneur Immigration Stream (IGEIS)
It is for international students who have graduated from post-secondary educational institutions in Alberta with a plan to immigrate to Alberta permanently by starting a business or purchasing an existing business.
- The Foreign Graduate Start-up Visa Stream (FGSVS)
It is for people who have recently graduated from post-secondary institutions outside Canada with a plan to start a new business and settle in Alberta.
- Self-Employed Farmer Stream
Alberta Immigration is also open for experienced farmers. It is mandatory for the farmers to demonstrate the capacity to operate a farm in the Alberta province of Canada.
Express Entry Selection and Notification of Interest process
A limited number of qualified candidates from Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada’s (IRCC) Express Entry system get nominated every year by the Alberta province for the Alberta PNP program.
The candidate must already have a profile submitted to the Express Entry pool in order to be invited by Alberta Immigration. If you are invited by the AINP program, you will be directly contacted by them.
The Notification of Interest for the AINP program are sent if the candidate:
- Has an active Express Entry profile.
- Has stated his/her interest in permanently immigrating to Alberta.
- is currently working in a job that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification policy
- Has a minimum of 300 CRS score.
If the candidate has one or more of the following, his/her chances increase significantly:
- An Alberta Job offer or work experience in Alberta
- A graduate from a Canadian post-graduate institution
- Relatives who are currently residing in Alberta: Parent, child, brother, and/or sister
Your chances of getting an invitation will decrease if you meet one of the following:
- If your Express Entry profile expires in three months or less.
- If you are currently working in an occupation that comes:
- on the list of High-wage and low-wage occupations in Alberta available on the Refusal to Process a Labour Market Impact Assessment List
- On the Alberta Opportunity Stream Ineligible Occupation list.
- If there is a high volume of application submissions of your occupation across all AINP streams.
Keep in mind that if you are invited to apply, you must send the invitation letter along with your Express Entry profile number to the AINP program at the earliest, within 14 days.
You will need to send them via email at [email protected] They respond with their requirements via email only.
The AINP Program Assessment Criteria
After receiving the invitation to apply for the AINP program, it is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the following criteria before submitting your application.
- You must have an active Express Entry profile.
- You meet the criteria of at least one federal immigration program: Canadian Express Class, Federal Skilled Trades Program, or Federal Worker Program.
- You intend to live and work in Alberta.
- You must currently be working in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification.
- You have a minimum of 300 CRS score.
Similar to the invitation criteria, one of the following can increase your chances of approval.
- A valid job offer or work experience in Alberta.
- A graduate from one of Alberta’s post-graduate institutions with a valid job offer.
- You have relatives living in Alberta: Parent, child, brother, and/or sisters.
Things to keep in mind before applying for the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program.
Proper preparation goes a long way in your application approval. It is essential to be well prepared before you submit your AINP application. Here are four key points to keep in mind to avoid mistakes.
Carefully read AINP terms and Conditions:
The number of available AINP streams and categories wholly depends upon application submission volumes and labor market needs. The criteria for the Alberta PNP program are routinely evaluated and are subject to change without notice.
Review the selection criteria:
Every AINP stream has different selection criteria. Make sure that you are familiar with the requirements of your stream.
Review the language test requirements:
Candidates must demonstrate proficiency in either English or French by taking one of the approved language tests for Alberta Immigration.
Carefully follow the AINP instructions:
For Opportunity and Express Entry Streams, you must apply online using the AINP Online Portal. For application procedure and eligibility criteria, refer to the AINP government website.